Monday, December 14, 2015

CLEAN AND SOBER

CLEAN AND SOBER


Rodney Alamo Brown


Crazy as this may sound but each one of those $100 bills cost 8 cents to make.Do the real math.We as Black folks are spiritual people,We have been drawn away by money.Our value system is bankrupt.What we own is a reflection of our estimation of our self worth.When you awaken out of the fog of deceit,you finally see life from a different lenses.I recall merely 26 years ago,My credit score was 740, I drove a brand new Mercedes Benz and a brand new BMW both were leased cars.I purchased a $185,000.00 home in the ritzy Glen Cove section of Vallejo,CA..


I wouldn't come outside unless I had 5k in my pocket.Although I was self employed as a barber, I felt exonerated from the system that oppressed me,I felt a need to show the world I made it. Many thought I sold dope or pimped hoes to amasses my wealth,nope I did neither, I ran a sports bookie operation while I cut hair all day. I ate at the finest restaurants in the Bay Area,I wore the finest threads and vacationed at destinations folks only dream about..Who was I? I lived in a make believe world of being a hood star,,I was what many call NIGGA rich,My appearance was my self worth and value.When you seen me pull up in one of my rides it led many the impression that I had it made,However internally I was a mess,I didn't know who or what I was,,I was engulfed in Alcohol and multiple relationships with pretty Women externally but ugly Women internally..I was sick in the head and didn't have a clue about LIFE..Now days when I look back upon my life I often think what was I thinking,truth be told I wasn't thinking because I was caught up in a facade of smoke and mirrors..NOW THAT I'M CLEAN AND SOBER and is cure from my many diseases I thank GOD daily for his unwavering LOVE and compassion upon my life.Money doesn't excite me like it use to because now that I understand how it works as I use it as a tool not a weapon..Beloved don't get caught up in this materialistic world because the same people you're trying to impress with your material wealth don't like you..Now days I don't shop at ritzy boutiques,Not that I can't,I understand economics and the labor that goes into making clothes..It's no about the name brand shoes that many of us wait for days to purchase,It's all about the books that teaches us how to become producers and not consumers..Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment